lynnzo (lynnzo) wrote in hp_britglish,

Questions for story

Hi, newbie here, was pointed by a LJ friend, looking for a couple of concepts to translate from American into british, if you would be so kind.

What Americans would call "swimming trunks" for a man, would the British call these "bathing shorts"? That was the closest I could think of, but I want to get it right.

And if a man would think of wearing what the Americans would call a European-style swimming trunk that has a pouch in the front but only a strap down the back, what we Americans would call a thong, what would the British call that style of suit?

Thanks so very much for the help...I'll check back...

Tags: clothing
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened