Log in

No account? Create an account
h/d black&grey pencil

twistedm in hp_britglish

thumbs up

An American way to give a positive response without speaking would be to hold up a thumb, with the other fingers all folded over. It's called "giving a thumbs up." Here it is a simple way to say 'yes.' It doesn't have a lot of cultural overlay.

Do Brits do this?



Yes, we do.